Fairtrade Fortnight 2020 in Ludlow was the town’s biggest Fairtrade campaign yet! Here are the key headlines.
Schools Study Day, 25th February
- Four schools took part
- Engaged with over 200 pupils
- Workshops led by 5 local ethical retailers
- Fairtrade Bag competition: This year the children received plain paper bags which they had to decorate on the theme of ‘Fairtrade and Local’. The bags were judged and prizes awarded to the winners. You can see the winning entries below.
St Laurence Church activities
- £540.33 raised through Traidcraft stall and £63.00 raised through the Big Brew. This means a total of £603.33 was raised to help farmers, workers and artisans in developing countries earn a fair wage
- One keynote speaker: Robin Roth, Sunday 22nd February
“Our Food: The cost” conference, 29th February
- 105 attendees from across the West Midlands
- 4 keynote speakers from across the UK
- 8 workshops delivered by leaders in the ethical food movement
Thank you to all who volunteered, purchased, donated and took part!